I love this time of year and being able to spend it with our families is such a blessing to us!! We went to Reeds house this year and boy did we EAT!! We had appetizers before the meal was ready and than when the REAL stuff was ready I stacked my plate high with turkey, potatoes, stuffing, homemade rolls, and of course some delicious deviled eggs!! I took a couple of bites of everything,(and I shared a little with Brynley... she seemed to enjoy her 1st Thanksgiving) but my eyes were of course bigger than my stomach!! I looked down at my plate and it didn't even look like I had put a dent in my food. I knew I couldn't eat anymore because my most FAVORITE part about Thanksgiving is the pie...I absolutely love homemade apple and pumpkin pie!!(I can't stand eating a store bought pie...I'm kind of a pie snob) But all in all I ate too much pie and I have a whole pumpkin pie left at my house...thats just a disaster waiting to happen!!My awesome mom also took time this year to teach my little sista' and I how to make homemade crust for the pies and the fillings of your choice!! We had so much fun learning and spending time together!! I can't wait to carry down my moms yummy recipes with my daughters someday and now I can make my own HOMEMADE pies..HOORAY:) Thanks mom!!Thursday, November 22, 2007
Does anyone else feel 5 lbs heavier?!!
I love this time of year and being able to spend it with our families is such a blessing to us!! We went to Reeds house this year and boy did we EAT!! We had appetizers before the meal was ready and than when the REAL stuff was ready I stacked my plate high with turkey, potatoes, stuffing, homemade rolls, and of course some delicious deviled eggs!! I took a couple of bites of everything,(and I shared a little with Brynley... she seemed to enjoy her 1st Thanksgiving) but my eyes were of course bigger than my stomach!! I looked down at my plate and it didn't even look like I had put a dent in my food. I knew I couldn't eat anymore because my most FAVORITE part about Thanksgiving is the pie...I absolutely love homemade apple and pumpkin pie!!(I can't stand eating a store bought pie...I'm kind of a pie snob) But all in all I ate too much pie and I have a whole pumpkin pie left at my house...thats just a disaster waiting to happen!!My awesome mom also took time this year to teach my little sista' and I how to make homemade crust for the pies and the fillings of your choice!! We had so much fun learning and spending time together!! I can't wait to carry down my moms yummy recipes with my daughters someday and now I can make my own HOMEMADE pies..HOORAY:) Thanks mom!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you had a great thanksgiving.
Hey thanks for calling the other day, it was good to talk to you.. and thanks for the uplift on things.. i needed it.. i will let you know what we find out after the tests. Your an amazing person kat, and im thankful to have you as a good friend! keep warm this week! loves
Hooray for a Happy Thanksgiving! I'm glad you had such a great day with your family!
hey thanks alot for inviting me. i need to learn how to make good pie crust. just kidding i love you guys , but i really nee dto learn maybe since your mama kerekes is down and out you could teach me?
Brynley is so cute in that picture! I love the post title! Too cute!!
I heard that my mom wasn't supposed to know about the pie making. Too bad I wasn't home to try any of it.
Kat, it's KP i found your blog through Lindsay D's. It looks like you are all doing wonderful. Your little girl Brynley is beautiful, i am so happy for you! If you ever want to come to nyc you have a place to stay.
Kat that is funny My mom just taught me the same thing!! It was so much fun! If you ever want to get together and make pies let me know. Also when are we going to go to lunch. We need to plan it before it gets too busy around here! Love you!
Post a Comment